March 29, 2011

Visitors

We've been pretty lucky to have some visitors come through lately! We got to spend the day with Jonah and Camden today. I have quite a few pictures partly because it was an exciting reunion for Mario and Luigi (cam and mckay), partly because I'm trying to learn new things on my camera, and partly because we can't help the fact that we love these guys and are so happy to see them. Jonah and Camden are on a boys trip together to pick up a car from Las Vegas so that Jonah can drive it back and convert yet another car to run on vegetable oil. That's right. He makes greasels. Brilliant. So we spend part of the night last night talking about how and when we could follow Jonah's lead and become the next Eyrealmers to jump on the green guzzling grease machine. We want in. There is no question. But do he have what it takes to be grease buddies with these all-stars?

They are definite all-stars. Jonah and his family are so fun to be around, fascinating to talk to, and full of adventure. If you are ever in need of a conversation starter just ask us about Jonah and Aja. We would have a great time talking about and admiring them.

Here is Mario and Luigi. They had a blast exploring their imaginations together. Granted they were mostly in yoshiland but they couldn't get enough of each other. It is so cute listening in on their conversations. I wish I could record them all. Notice McKay is swimming with his shoes on. I just thought he was keeping them on for fun. But he did this, I figured out on my own, because the last time we were at the pool he rubbed his toes raw from trying to grip the pool floor. We had a band-aide for each individual toe. On both feet!

These two were a hit to watch. They are warming up on the concrete after their swim. (the picture got a little distorted and I don't know how to fix it)

I wish so badly that I could hear their thoughts.


And then there is little Lyla who adores Jonah. She wouldn't leave his side. It was sweet. The past few weeks she has been catching our attention to tell us that she's seen a bald eagle flying. She will say often, and out of nowhere, "Hey (so and so) I saw a bald eagle flying!" I think she told that to Jonah about a dozen times today! It's hysterical.

She tripped on my foot at the pool and knocked her teeth into her lip. She cried for a minute until the bleeding stopped and then she went right back into the water. For some reason she got comfused and thought the blood was chocolate. Through her tears she was saying, mom I have so much chocolate coming out of my face. I've got lots of chocolate!" This is her showing off her "scratch."

I should have taken a picture of this guy playing with all the ants. They were harmless black ants and crawling all over him. He was thoroughly entertained. I tried to keep him clear by dipping him the water and moving him to different scenes but he kept finding his was back to the mob.

This is just a cute picture of them imitating Lyla with her lip. It is so cute how she puckers them up! She hasn't complained since the tears stopped but likes to show off her scratch.


Caught Noah picking! and those socks...i love it!

This was only part of Jonah's cheer section while he worked on the car. The street is fascinated right along with us.


I mowed the lawn this afternoon and while I was distracted they climbed up this wall, and over to the top of the steps in the background and watched and talked. Oh to be young again!

And that's a wrap.

2 comments:

Rumsey's said...

You all are doing such a great job keeping up your blog! Keep it up :)

Linda said...

Thanks SO much for this Kristi! We have been wondering what on earth Jonah was doing there...figured it was probably "a car". Are Aja and the other kids there too! Pics seem to be coming from there but nobody has told us how that happened.

LOVE these pics! Love the chocolate and the commiseration! Love you!