March 13, 2012

Stinky

The other day I got Cubby and Lyla out of the shower and wrapped them in a towel to dry off. No problem right?! Well it wasn't a problem until I stepped out of the bathroom myself barefoot into a fresh pile of (ahem...) number 2. It squished nicely through each of my toes and I happened to take another step on the carpet before it totally registered that -no, I didn't have a dog- but, I did let Cubby out of my sight before I put his diaper on. Yikes! Stinky! Then, same day, the kids spotted Noah coming home from work so they all ran outside to meet him at the end of the driveway. Noah let all the kids in the car for the drive up the driveway into the garage with Cubby sitting on his lap. I was finishing up dinner while Noah scurried inside holding Cubby by one arm trying to dodge further contact. Apparently I was a little too preoccupied with dinner to notice Cubby's diaper flooding out of his shorts before they went outside. It got all over Noah's britches, his white shirt and his tie. Stinky and just plain gross!

He got us.

Both of us.

In one day.

You can't really see it here because he had wiped most of it up by then and he had changed britches but I wanted the memory!  

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm laughing! Parenting sure brings some surprises, doesn't it? LOL It's a good thing people (and clothes and carpets) are washable. Although, washing #2 out of carpet would not be on my list of "things I'm looking forward to doing today." :)

Amanda said...

Kristi--my inlaws were called to the Baltic Mission! They were in Riga for a few months when the area presidency requested they be reassigned to Bulgaria. They just got to Bulgaria last weekend! They LOVED Latvia and are going to miss it. It was fun to have them there working in the Russian branch for a few months.:)

Linda said...

Shucks! Such is life. We're always accidentally stepping in some kind of doo-doo! Hilarious post!

Joan said...

Awesome.
Our spring break is this week. We are being boring, lame, & unadventurous (sp?) and not going anywhere sexy...like SD :(