March 9, 2012

Puerto Rico


Apparently we found paradise in Puerto Rico! We met up with Talmadge and Anita and Eli and Julie over there back in February for a few days.








And wow, paradise was great but being with such great people made it so much more fun! This is the first time we got to meet cousin Annina! Bennett didn't wake up for the occasion though so we took pictures to show him later. 


Well we did some fun things together. We kept it pretty relaxed with the 2 little babies in tow but I wish I could have captured it all. These pictures will have to do to help us remember.



Julie and I got to catch up and hang out with little cutie pie down there in his car seat while Eli and Noah went surfing.



Surfing went a little something like this. 



They almost got up a few times but most of the time we watched them paddle their arms to death (bless their arms) and do this.



and this.



But to their credit, the waves were big. They don't look big in these pictures but they were BIG!

I was so proud of them for being out there for so long.  Us wimpy girls didn't even try. Well, Julie probably would have and showed us all how it's done but she kept Bennett and me company instead. They finally threw in the towel, came ashore and grabbed us the BEST fish sandwiches I had ever tasted.


Isn't he scrumptious?


Then we happened to see this humpback whale breach over and over and over again. It was INCREDIBLE.  We counted over 10 times that she came out to breach. Look at this.
And this.
and this...
And this.


To put it into prospective, see if you can spot the boat out there to the left of the whale in the picture above.

Here it is zoomed in.

What a beauty.

Here she is one last time almost about to splash into the water.


And here is a wipe out. Don't know how that got put in there but I'll leave it.


And back at the condo...

Poor Tal missed a spot on his arm!




















And since we don't live by any family we got permission to bless Bennett while we were there with two of his uncles and aunts and one sweet (and sleepy!) cousin.

Noah gave him a beautiful blessing.




Here is the whole group.



  And there you have it!

5 comments:

charity eyre wright said...

ok these pics kind of make me sick with jealousy (hello! invite me next time!) but also the ones of Bennett and annina made me laugh out loud!! love it!!!!

Allie said...

Looks so so so fun! And gorgeous! That whale was incredible. I can't imagine! Looks like such fun sibling time. We need to do something like that with Monson sibs. What a blast! I really need to squeeze baby Bennett too! Love you!

Sarah said...

how fun!! jim served his mission in Puerto Rico, we love it there! that bennett is absolutely scrumptious. :)

Joan said...

You guys are spoiled! Spoiled. Spoiled. But I can't think of ANY family I'd rather enjoy a trip like this than you guys :)
You Eyres work hard and play hard. That's exactly how it should be!
Can we come next time, pretty please?! :)

Shawni said...

Oh what an amazing trip and Oh my, those pictures of the babies made us all laugh (we are here at BCRANC together). Sure love you!
Love, Shawni