A while ago I heard that a British artist dotted New York City with pianos. They were decorated by artists and placed all around the city for people to sit and play. By the time I got the word the event had ended. I was bummed. Then on a drive to Hershey and Amish country I was thrilled to see these in Lancaster.
Lyla and I sat and played for a bit. These are the only ones we captured. There were several more. I assume it was the same artist. When I looked it up this is what I found. "The concept, devised by British artist Luke Jerram, has put more than 130 pianos in parks, squares and bus stations since 2008 in cities including London, Sydney and Sao Paulo and now New York City.
The pianos were donated for the cause and have been painted and decorated by artists.
They delivered to 27 locations in Manhattan, 10 in Brooklyn, five in Queens and four each in Staten Island and the Bronx.
I am such a sucker for things like this! I love that he did this! How brilliantly bazaar! Thank you Luke Jerram for your passion and creativity!

5 comments:
this is SO COOL.
for some reason "brilliantly bazaar" sounds like my mom.
i would have loved to have seen these!! lyla is cute.
that is a very good thing to sound like your mom. maybe i'm subconsciously (or why not consciously) trying to morph!
what a wonderful wonderful idea. i love when people come up with a random idea and just decide to make it happen, no matter how crazy it might seem to others (sort of like columbus - i just did a post on my blog about him...). i've loved all your blogging lately - thanks for all the great photos and information!
I want that green piano in my house! I LOVE it. I will take the little girl too, please ;)
How fantastic. Thanks for the research. They are amazing and you are amazing!
Post a Comment