April 17, 2011

Dentist

Is this embarrassing (if it is oh well) that this was Mckay's first visit to the dentist? And that the only reason we went is because he needs to turn in a form to his school saying he went? Maybe. But it was a whole lot of work to get there and keep 3 kids under control for some x-rays and a 15 minute cleaning. And do they have to take x-rays at his age? Am I too paranoid about that?I know, I know I could have just gotten a babysitter but I too often seem to think it will be easier to take everyone than to get a sitter. Hmmmm.

McKay was great! He was a great patient. Ready for the whole bit. He asked great questions and was very obedient. He even got to put his picture on the - I have no cavities - wall. The only bummer for him was that he wanted so badly for them to tell him that he had a loose tooth. He is certain that he has a loose tooth just waiting to come out. They didn't. He doesn't. But he wiggles it enough that he may cause it to get loose!

In between trying to hold Jacobson (octopus arms trying to grab anything he can), Lyla's stuffed dog, my purse, her purse, her entire tea party set and the plastic cupcakes she took from the front office, some paper work they thought would be helpful, McKay's goodie bag, and the 3 balloons they gave to us in a panic to help, I snapped a few pictures. You should have seen me searching for the keys with all that stuff. We were quite the scene. Balloons were flying to the ceiling. McKay broke down thinking he lost his balloon. Lyla was trying to fill her purse full with the rest of the office toys to bring home. Loosing things left and right because the purse was too full. As soon as I would put one thing back she would grab a few more in desperation. Cubby kept slipping from my arms and grabbing toys himself. It was just one of those times when nothing I did was working quite right. People were confused about how to help or something because they sat starring in shock. Not being rude just now sure how to intervene. We left them all with the grand finally of Lyla throwing her signature tantrum kicking and screaming across the floor. I had to make 3 trips to the car. Luckily I parked really close!

Before the madness.

Still hanging in there!


After all is said and done, I'm glad we went. It was a fun memory and McKay is more determined than ever to brush out the sugar bugs!

11 comments:

Allie said...

You are a trooper! Love the description of Cubby's octopus arms! So true of little ones that age!!! I can't believe how long Lyla's hair is! I bet it's hard to be too mad at her when she throws those fits... she is just too darn cute!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

you crack me up!

Jonah and Aja said...

great visuals. i saw an eagle flying...in fact...i am seeing an eagle flying just now. make sure you tell her.

Amanda said...

I am totally laughing! I have been there. Actually, it feels like I'm there quite often. Glad you made it through and that the first dentist trip was memorable.

P.S. I always think taking the kids is easier than finding/getting a sitter. And, usually, it is. :)

Sarah said...

kristi!! how random, i just now saw the comment you left on the blog i do for my friend's preschool! i do still have my family blog, its
jimsarahrowberry.blogspot.com, you should be able to view it, let me know if you can't. i sent u a msg on facebook the other day, i'm not sure if you check that very often though... we want to hang out with you guys again!!! :)

PS-- i haven't taken my kids to the dentist yet either.

Sarah said...

just realized something... my family blog is private, so i don't think it shows up on the dashboard thingy under "my blogs." let me know if i need to email you another invite to view it...

TnD said...

We just rented a place in Carlsbad for the summer. We have to get together once we are in town. We will be there pretty much full time from June through August.

Joan said...

Ummm, yeah. We haven't taken any of the Koplin boys to the dentist either :) You are not alone. I figure: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!? I don't know. We might end up with multiple root canals as punishment for our dental negligence?! My fingers are crossed! haha.

Anonymous said...

~*Smiles*~... remember my little ones' first dentist trip... scrapbooked it and added it to their baby books... been going since their first teeth

Evans Fam said...

LOL!!! I love knowing that I am not the only one having these experiences!

Rumsey's said...

You are a brave woman... Great that McKay doesn't have a cavity. I know lots of kids younger than he is that have already had a few of them. You must be doing something right.