So I only thought I was back to blogging and then I forgot that I am still learning how to manage my time! No excuses here but just when I thought I was getting the hang of it in NY (only took me 5+ years) we packed up and moved. The move itself wasn't a huge deal. Big. But not huge. It was more of a fun adventure to move and drive across the country. But although we arrived in November we have yet to unpack all of our boxes! Partly because we don't know if we are going to be in this house for longer than 6 months, partly because we have been nomads to some degree and partly because I am learning how to manage my time!
Some highlights.
In 3 months we...
pulled out our shorts.
got McKay enrolled in school. Again.
started to read.
have had several great visitors.
filled A LOT of diapers.
can now wash our clothes at our house.
celebrated loads of birthdays. Including McKay's!
grew a few inches.
got passes to Disneyland.
introduced Lyla to dress ups.
threw a few tantrums.
grew two first teeth.
cleaned up 1,000 piles of pit up.
stained the carpet.
learned to drive a car again.
spent Thanksgiving up north.
broke a drawer.
killed thousands of ants.
spent Christmas in TX.
fell in love with our neighborhood.
took a job in San Diego.
decided to move again. (don't know when yet)
had some laughs.
shed some tears.
taped up some boxes.
had a girls trip with MFME.
lost a cell phone.
got really frustrated.
went to India.
got "Delhi Belly."
And we leave for Hawaii in the morning!
So if I can get on the ball when we return I may be back to blogging!



11 comments:
india... hawaii... i want more details! i think you guys are the most adventurous couple we know. i SO wish we lived closer so we could hang out. kristi, how are you keeping everything together with all these changes? you must be wonderwoman. ;)
Well this would explain why we are neighbors and I hardly ever see you!! :) And I guess that means you've decided to move to San Diego. Boo!! We're sad to see you guys go. At least not too far away, but we're sad to not have you so close. Are you going to stay through the summer? Taylor will be sad too! She loves McKay and Lyla. Well...at least you still have your Disney passes. We can always meet there :)
OK. Seriously. I want to join you guys on your adventures. You wonder why I can blog?? BC I go nowhere! :) We are coming to visit. fyi.
Can I just tell you how much we miss your family! You guys sure do live an adventurous life.:) I just wanted to tell you that I saw pictures of you modeling some pretty pearls on Becky Douglas' slide show presentation about Rising Star Outreach. I'd love to hear more about your trip. I was so happy to see your smiling face on the screen! How all is well! xoxo
How in the heck did you even find time to write this! What a whirlwind. Lay on that beach and just relax for a while. You deserve it! Life is such an adventure and you guys are really living it!
whoa! well, I am excited to read the details of all this when you post them. Sure do wish we could see you guys soon! Miss and love you! AND I WANT TO SEE MORE PICTURES...of whatever house and place you end up living in:)
It looks like you have adapted to California life and are enjoying your new home. Southern California is a great place to be (Dustin and I are from there). Good luck with your move to San Diego!
When you move down to San Diego, let us know!!! We need more strong couples like you over here.
Seriously?! India and then Hawaii? You spoiled brats!!! :) Why on earth didn't you invite me?
Whoa mamacita! We are *missing* out on your life! Your adorable offspring are growing up way too fast! We miss you all and look forward to catching up with you. xo Di
Be sure to post lots of pictures of Hawaii! So glad you guys are going back! I know I can never get enough of that place. Maybe if we moved there......
Post a Comment