April 19, 2009

A Mother's Book of Secrets

My completely amazing, I have no idea how they do it, Mother-in-law, Linda, and Sister-in-law, Shawni, are incredible mothers. Incredible. I mean almost perfect. Linda likes to refer to herself as a "fellow struggler" and I guess in a way we all are but she "struggles" with grace. So does Shawni. That said, they recently finished writing this very inspiring, very real, book together. 

[Mother_s_Book.jpg]

I highly recommend it. A perfect gift for yourself or someone for Mother's Day. Shawni is also a fantastic photographer and shares several pictures in the book that capture moments that tell stories in themselves. Here is a fun clip from when they were on Good things Utah.

A note from Linda:

Shawni’s youngest daughter, two-year-old Lucy pictured on the cover of this book was recently diagnosed with a rare genetic syndrome called Bardet-Biedl.  This means that, among other things Lucy will likely be legally blind sometime between her 9th and 15th year. This heartbreaking news has prompted us to donate a portion of the proceeds for this book to the Foundation Fighting Blindness, a National Organization for Rare Disorders, a wonderful organization doing research to discover ways to intervene.  

Passing this message on to other mothers (sisters, neighbors, married daughters or daughter-in-laws) will not only help us give more to this cause but with the power of the Internet, may also help us to get connected with moms dealing with similar issues.  By clicking onhttp://deseretbook.com/store/product/5014296 you will go directly to the book  where you can order at a 10% discount without having to go to the store.   

Life is so fragile. How we appreciate your support! 

7 comments:

Joan said...

Amazing. The cover picture of Lucy melts my heart. She is so darling. I am sad to hear about her diagnosis. But glad to know there are stellar mothers like you, Shawni, and Linda in the trenches everyday like the rest of us...all battling through our own individual trials.

Ben and Ashley said...

Absolutely love the book. My mom bought it for me when I was in utah two weeks ago! It is awesome, of course. Hey did you ever get your products?

Lauren said...

Can't wait - this will be the perfect gift for my mom, she adores your family! And I can't wait to read it and see the pictures - the cover is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

xo

Stephanie said...

You married into an awesome family! Of course you are just as equally awesome and I have always admired you! I am so getting that book for my mom and seven sisters who are all in the "trenches" of raising kids right now...and of course one for me as well:) Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Thanks so much for this wonderful support Kristi! This is an interactive book, since Shawni and I don't have ALL the secrets! We need some of yours too!
Go to Saren's website at powerofmoms.com to add the secrets of living joyfully in 450 square feet in NYC with two active, adorable children and a great big guy walking around the "halls"!
Love you!
Linda

Audrey Taylor said...

I read and LOVED this book!!

Dustin and Melissa said...

This looks like a great book. I hope to get a chance to read it. I love the picture on the cover. Thanks for sharing.