September 4, 2008

Loving My Day Job

Today was a great day. Days like today make days like the last one I wrote about so worth it. I have a kazillion things I want to write about tonight but I first need to give a follow up. I have to laugh thinking about how dramatic I can get. Not all of these pictures are of when Noah was gone but I thought I'd share them to give an idea what it was like.

Lyla is really into projectile vomiting right now! Once while Noah was gone, Lyla threw up on me, down the wall and all over the floor while I was holding her. So while I was dripping all over the place, trying to keep her head up and keep her from choking, keeping the dinner from flooding the stove, grabbing a rag to clean the messes, and trying to clam McKay's hungry and tired demands, McKay slipped in Lyla's throw up and nailed his head on the ground! That was only a few short hours after he
tried to keep his little feet gripped to the kitchen stool while reaching for the soap (that I told him over and over not to play with) on the counter. He slipped and landed mouth first onto the hard wood floor causing his two front teeth to be jammed into his gums and cut up his upper lip (He now has two gray teeth!).

This picture doesn't do justice to the damage she can do!

By instinct I was trying to keep it from coming out and it hit her in the face instead.

Her head wasn't quite big enough yet to hold her headbands in place.
She was sleeping like this for a while before we noticed.

McKay was doing this for a while before we noticed too! (the wall not the nose) To make it even better, this is at our friends house in VA. Sorry Stin and Scott!



This little guy was having a melt down so I put him in his room to cool down. He finally stopped screaming and lightly knocked on the door. I opened the door and sat next to him on the couch to let him explain what was going on. With big tears in his eyes he just said, "Mommy's da best!" I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him. It melted my heart.
Lately out of nowhere he'll say, "Mommy/Daddy, I love you!"




I wouldn't give up any of the "dramatic" moments if it means I get to hang around these two everyday. Well, maybe some of them!


23 comments:

bostonshumways said...

Oh Kristi.....this post scares me....what am I in for? having a new baby and a toddler is one TOUGH job. You seem to do it with so much grace and cheer and perspective....could I ever be like you?

Stephanie said...

Your kids are beautiful. Mckay's eyes melt my heart and I haven't even met him. My husbands brother lives in D.C. so maybe we can make that happen sometime?!?!?

A said...

Wow, you are the best mom ever! YOu keep a great attitude through everything and are so amazing. You are "da best mom"

Joan said...

When your kids are all grown up you are going to get a belly ache from laughing so hard at these pictures! PRICELESS!!!
Lyla keeps getting prettier every day...she is trying to keep up with her Mom, I presume :)
MISS you guys.

oodlesofoversons said...

Your kids are adorable, and it keeps it all real when they say "I love you" without being prompted!

Monson Family said...

McKay and Lyla are so precious. Those dramatic moments are at least funny later! Kids are the best!

di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
di said...

you're amazing, my friend - and mckay can melt anyone's heart...those photos are seriously perfect (i love love love the wall one, and the painted hands, and his gorgeous smile and big eyes!)

have you talked with your pediatrician about lyla's 'projectile vomiting'? sometimes (usually in boys) it can be an indication of a hypertrophied muscle (pyloric stenosis)...let's talk more. :)

September 06, 2008

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ha ha, I can relate to the projectile vomit. I went to get Sage up from her nap two days ago and she had it in her hair, in her ears, EVERYWHERE.
Lyla is going to be a knock out, that last picture of her is so pretty.

Audrie said...

Oh I miss you cousin!! I have to laugh at the colored walls, we have some sweet artwork as well. My kids seem to vomit more when they're older, but it still projectiles. Kenedi was really sick a couple of weeks ago & while we are driving down the road she pukes & it hits the windshield, which is quite a distance from the backseat!! Of course it was on me, in my purse, in every nook & cranny in the car, a/c vents, you get the picture..I feel you.

The Jackson Three said...

you have some seriously beautiful kids! and you're an amazing mother!

Natalie Carver said...

Oh Kristi.... the thing i love about you is you say it like it is! I love that there is no sugar coating it! I am so sorry for your struggles, I wish that I could help in some way! But I know that you are such a good and PATIENT mom that you are more then ok! You have two beautiful babies! I cant wait to see them around Nov or Dec. Love you guys!

A said...

Kristi,
Did you leave me the comment while logged in on sherry's account? If so, send me your email address to ashleealex@gmail. com and I can "invite" you to my blog!

Kirkhams said...

Wow, Kris! Lyla and McKay can really do a number on a day! Think how boring life would be without those! She's getting so big and chunky in her face! I can't believe how fast they grow! I miss you!

TnD said...

The purple hands are so adorable. I love little McKay's mischief.

Linda said...

Wow, what great pictures and I love how you can make us laugh, even through very serious throw-up~! You gotta love that love for the "writing on the wall". It might be an omen for even greater things to come!
Love you,
Linda

Rachel said...

Your kids are so cute! Sorry about the projectile vomiting though, thats no fun.

Jenni said...

Kristi, you are such a great mom! It really is true to just relish the good moments, otherwise, you can literally go insane! Lyla is so beautiful! And little McKay is so handsome!

Jen & Johnny said...

Hey there pretty girl~ I just made my blog private and realized that I don't have your email. Email it to me at alohajen8@gmail.com when you get the time!! We love and miss you guys!!!!

Lauren said...

These pictures are hilarious! McKay looks so cute in all the pictures - the coloring on your friends wall is hilarious!! That would happen to me .... actually it did and so did the brown tooth. Elizabeth had a brown tooth for a month and it turned white again so you never know.

Your children are beautiful!!

Joan said...

We aren't moving as of now. Maybe some time in the future...but B's job opportunity went sour...so for now we are sticking it out here is good 'ol Phoenix.

The House that James Built said...

saw your comment-just wanted to fill you in on the joke...that blog- seriously so blessed is a total spoof on mormon culture in utah....it took me a second to catch on- but it is so funny if you are at all familiar with the LDS religion. it's all in good fun, and no one really knows who the blogger is...she's totally made up and making good $$from the ads on her page... hope this helps! your family is darling!

Jennefer said...

We are laughing out loud reading your blog! Your kids are adorable! -The Boyers