It was still pretty early so we had the park to ourselves and the snow was untouched for the most part and perfect for snowballs and building a snowman. We stayed out long enough to finally make a snowman that the kids didn't trample on. The first few attempts were worth the effort just to see their reactions to the, "Wow, big no ball!" as they couldn't fight the urge to stomp on it. We all had a blast! My only regret is that I didn't bring the darn camera. A friend took a picture on her cell phone but I don't know how to add that to the blog. It is darling.
So after McKays' nap we went back out to snap another picture but by then the wintry mix brought rain, lots of kids and lots yellow snow. We got to the park and the snowman was nothing more than a bunch of foot prints and, yep, even some yellow patches. This is the picture I took instead. This kills me because he looks so heartbroken. He got over it fast though and we played out there for a while scream laughs and all!
9 comments:
he does look pretty sad. i can tell by your description and by the enthusiasm that is mckay that he had a great time though. i felt lie i was there. i'm glad yous finally got some snow.
I wish I was there playing in the snow with you two...or at least waiting on you hand and foot while you are feeling so sick! I'm sorry you're miserable...I'll fly out in a few weeks...sound good?? LOVE YOU!
so cute, sounds like a lot of fun. McKay sure has an expressive face in that one! there is no guessing what he is thinkin! You are such a god mommy for playing out there with him, I would be inside drinking hot chocolate!
ya'll are so stinking cute, I bet you had a blast. I've been dying to take Kinsey to play in the snow. Don't you just love listening to the way they pronounce words. It's so fun listening to them learn how to speak. Miss you kirst!!
He looks so sad!!! I love it. I would love to see snow this year. Doubt it's going to happen, it's already hot here! How are you feeling? Still sick?
CUTE!
Ellie is obsessed with watching the video of McKay singing his ABC's. SHe thinks he is her boyfriend :) Im not gonna stop her! I'd love to have you as her in laws someday ... lol.
It makes me so happy to imagine you and McKay's little friends in Central Park making a snow man. You are such a good mom.
Kris, his little face is priceless...those big bad booted older boys (bottom lip out)!
What a sweet face - I love all the new posts by the way. We are so excited about the new little girl! Keep on posting because we love reading and watching them!
Post a Comment