August 8, 2007

Thank you NOAH

This post is mostly for our moms. My sister came to our place with very strict orders from my mom to get updated pictures of the apartment and I know Linda will appreciate these too after all the hard work she put into this place.

I want you to notice a few things. First, the couch. When I got back from Bear Lake this is what I came home to. Noah, the amazingly wonderful man that he is, surprised me with this luxury (to me) sofa bed couch. To fully appreciate that you must understand that we haven't had anything to sit on for months; 8 of them. Oh, except for the messy joint compound cans, a few fold out chairs and our bed that we got in June.
Next, take a look at the lovely ottomans. They act as a footrest, a secret storage place, and flip the lid for a serving trey (or kitchen table in NYC.)
Then, let your eyes take you to the windows and see the new white wooden blinds. You'll never know how much you appreciate blinds until you don't have them and have neighbors less than 100ft away in the next building over. We have no secrets over here.
Also, notice the lovely couple sitting on the couch. Keep focused on them and don't look any further because that ladder, empty wall and laundry you see aren't really there.
The next picture is me and Nobe in the kitchen.


Stacy and Jeff were in town for a couple of days and were our models to show off the new stuff. Come back you guys!


Yes that is a white waffle maker in the middle cabinet .

More to come...

14 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Wow Kirst!! The house looks great!! I love the before/after pics in the album--very cool that you guys have fixed that place up together!

Jen & Johnny said...

You guys I can't believe how GREAT your house looks!!! It's so beautiful!!! I bet it is so nice to have it done so you can live a little bit easier now! You guys are AWESOME!! We miss you and hope we get to see you soon!!

The Jackson Three said...

The place looks great! Congrats on getting settled and the couch - such a great gift from Noah!

Suzi said...

Way to go Noah! The house looks so good-I can't wait to see more pictures.

Mr. D said...

Since I have seen it in person, and even sat upon the luxurious couch, I can definitely say your place is awesome! YOu two did an amazing job! Be proud!

shannon said...

It all looks GRAND! I hope I get to see it one day! Aren't you the lucky duck? I wish Todd would buy me a new sofa! Ha! Everything looks beautiful!
Remind Noah he never called me back. :)

Jill said...

Best surprise ever. Your place looks fantastic! I bet it is feeling more and more like your own home, yeah!

Kirkhams said...

Yay, I made your blog! And as a model even! How lucky am I? I'm so proud of your writing skills! Can I take lessons?

Unknown said...

It's so beautiful. You deserve it!

di said...

Very sweet pad - lots of fun friends - party at your place! I'll bring lots of good food. Maybe we can get Suzi to bring her super scary catchphrase game-face (you know i love it).

susan said...

I love the couch, and everything else. Now we can stay with you both. Noah, you have great taste. I love you both.

Katie said...

Hey Kristy, it's your cousin Jay! We found your blog through a few random connections of friends of ours in New York, but it's good to see you all and we're sorry we missed the reunion this year. It looks like it was a lot of fun with Grandma. I hope all is well. Our blog is jayandkatie.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Mckay is the next NFL superstar, I can see it now! Love ya cuz! : )

Joan said...

What happened to your tiny/70's style kitchen?!?! It looks rad now! You guys are going to make a killing on that place! Love it and LOVE you
guys! Thank you for being such amazing friends.