We have an extended family reunion every other year with the Monsons and this summer it was at a sweet Ranch near Vernal,UT. What a place! Noah, McKay and I flew to Denver to intercept my family, who drove all the way from Houston, and join in on the road trip. My sister's family was in a mini-van, they call Darth because of it's striking resemblance to the Vader man from the dark side, and my parents and us/we were in their car. On the way Noah found a "short cut" on the map that he insisted we try so we used our walkie- talkies to communicate our sudden turn around an the interstate onto an old uneven dirt road. I point this out mainly for my family to remember how hard we were all laughing as we bounced through the path. The short cut did save us a few minutes but was more worth it for all our reactions. We had a lot of fun on the road and a blast at the reunion.
The ranch we stayed at place sleeps about 212 people and we had about 120 there. It was in the middle of nowhere but had plenty of thing to do. There was a rock wall to climb, a sand volleyball court, a basketball court, horses, a pond with paddle boats, a swimming pool and spa, horse shoes, puzzles, games and anything you can think of to do with that many people.

This is where all the thanks go in the family. My 94 yr old Grandma Monson is a hoot! She is the mother of 11, grandmother of 55 and Great Grandma of over 130 and has the quickest whit of us all. She doesn't go anywhere without her I Love Ken button nor her collection of goofy glasses.
This picture is of the members in my immediate family that could make it this year. Every year we get matching shirts and these ones are some my dad got from Iraq. We are SO GLAD he is back for good this time!
This year grandma's request was that each family get a picture with her while each person wears a different pair of her glasses. She is amazing. We love her so much.
We couldn't pass Vernal without stopping to see the DINOSAURS. The kids LOVED it. And heck, so did we.
T-REX, Grandma and Grandpa with 4 of the 8 grandkids.
I love the stage that McKay is at right now. We is very excited about anything we show him. And he had SO much fun hanging around and playing with cousins. I am waiting to get some more pictures from my family so when I get them I'll add a couple more. Next up is the 4th of July, reunion with friends and some Eyre fun at the Eyre reunion.
6 comments:
Hooray! I was going through Kristi withdrawal...welcome back!
Hi Kristi! That is so funny - I was so excited when I saw Monson Reunion on your blog, hoping to see Kelly...doesn't he have a baby now?
Looks like you guys had a great time. Your Grandma looks awesome!
PS - yep, been to the Burger Joint - it's wonderful. do you know the story behind that place?
OK I love your gma.
PS - McKay is SO cute!
Kris, I've GOT to get some of these pictures from you!! You should post the one with Noah's bow tie w/ Gma. Fun! We love you guys!
Hey Kris-good job hiding Jeff's nonmatching shirt. He appreciated that one.We sure think you guys are great!
Post a Comment