May 3, 2014

Last Night

I guess I don’t really need to say anything about this picture that Kristi took last night after some good food.

IMG_1568 

Yesterday afternoon Shelby graduated to the step down unit (From the CTICU to the CVA (Cardiovascular Acute Unit)). As we rolled out into the hallway and passed many now familiar faces with doctors and nurses people literally started cheering. It was pretty cool to see the joy in the faces of all these people that have done so much to help Shelby. Cheering her on.

Yesterday I came home to swap with Susan and Scott so they could spend some time with Kristi and Shelby and so I could spend some time with the kids. It was a blast (and exhausting) hanging out with those 4. At bedtime after prayer I shared with the kids more about the miracles that are happening because of their prayers and prayers family and friends and even some people who have made some comments on the blog from different parts of the world - their faces lit up with beautiful excitement. As McKay's eyes light up he says "Dad you need to do a post on there for everyone and say - OUR FAITH WORKS!"

I showed them the pictures of the valve opening and blood rushing through and they couldn’t hold back their giggles of delight.

I suggested to them that we have another prayer just to thank Heavenly Father again for these miracles. They all jumped on the idea and I asked who would like to say the prayer. McKay says "I have an idea - how about we all say it and we hold hands and squeeze each other when we are done so the next person goes" everyone agreed so we held hands in a loose circle with some leaning over on the ground/bed and McKay says "let's all kneel up straight because it shows more respect." So we did. And there we were kneeling upright in a circle taking turns thanking God for these miracles. It was a special moment.

10 comments:

Afirlings@gmail.com said...

AWWW, SO BEAUTIFUL! What a great smile, can't help but think that's a sign from above. So so happy for you all :)

Kirkhams said...

Still in awe seeing this picture of her smiling at just one week old! Wow! What a special little girl she is!! We love you!!

schweigen.ist.silber said...

Sweet. I think your story has touched many hearts.

The Warnick Family said...

I just happened upon your blog this morning. What a fabulous picture to go with your little Shelby's story. I had twins at 35 weeks. One morning my littlest guy gave me a big smile like that too after I had said, "Thayne, do you know how much we love you?" It was a gift to get that from him and remembering that smile helped get me through the normal challenges of parenthood that were ahead. Thank you for reminder--I needed to remember what I've been given in him because he's a different challenge at 14 now! Wishing you much happiness with your family. Thank you for sharing.

Jade said...

I'm thrilled and very grateful for this miracle and blessing in your family! What a special little girl she is! Heavenly Father is wonderful and there was always our prayers. Your family is a great example for me. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Precious smile. Precious siblings. Blessings indeed.

lovinglife said...

Beautiful family prayer!!! What a sweet boy McKay is!!! So proud of Shelby and all of you!

Linda said...

Crying!

Amy Poulson said...

I found your blog and your story through Shawni's blog. I am so happy to see Shelby doing so well and recognize that miracles happen every day. You have an amazing family. I know you have many prayers coming from all over, but please know that mine are being offered too for your sweet baby.

Cannon and Kassie said...

What a beautiful post, Noah! You have such great kids!