I am totally with it lately! I don't know what people are talking about. Raising 4 little kids is a piece of cake. Yep I'm so with it that I'm still celebrating Easter over here. I know that it has come and gone but why not revisit one of the greatest holidays before the next one shows up? I wish Easter was as big a deal as Christmas is. I guess it is to some. Maybe I'm just talking to myself. I mean Christ's resurrection is easily chalked right up there with His birth. It's a BIG deal. HUGE! They both are.
I'll get off my soap box. But I am so grateful for the reasons we celebrate those two fantastic holidays!
Anyway, I am so "with it" that we didn't dye eggs this year until Easter Sunday...after church...during Cubby's nap. We let him color one when he woke up but I've got to admit that the whole process and clean up was a little more manageable while he was dreaming on his soft pillow. And we hardly colored them anyway. I completely forgot to get any dye or paint so we painted with watered down food coloring and markers.





And again I'm so "with it" that I let the Easter bunny sneak in with their baskets sometime after the eggs were colored. They didn't seem to notice but McKay looks like he is trying to put some pieces together in his mind in this picture. Man...our leprechaun slacked a little this year too. And come to think of it the tooth-fairy has had a few delaying excuses herself. Looks like we need to have a conference call/pep-rally with our team.

But at least they came right?! And we did have an egg hunt. We hunted for some candy-filled eggs but mostly for 12 "special eggs" with a verse and symbol of Christ's experiences in each of them. We had some friends over and after the eggs were found they took turns opening each one showing the symbol and reading the verse that went with it. The 12 egg idea is a popular tradition among a lot of people and I'm such a sucker for it.






Oh dang it! I'm so surprised since I'm so "with it" that I didn't take a picture of the last egg to add here for a great ending. Oh well. The last egg is my favorite one too. I get chills every time we open it even though I know what's in it. I have chills now even thinking about it.
It's empty because "He is not here: for he is risen,..."
I am so grateful for Him, who is risen, so that I don't have to be totaly "with it" all the time. Or even some of the time. I can fall down over and over and try and try again.
4 comments:
love it Kristi. So well written, witty, touching. And the pictures are beautiful. We miss you guys!
I love the 12 egg tradition. I'm definitely adopting that one for next year.
Thank you for sharing your testimony, Kristi :)
you're amazing.
Very clever. You are getting to be a really good photographer. It is fun to watch you progress.
Post a Comment