October 25, 2011

First tooth

Wow! I got quite a few pictures of this milestone. It was an eventful one though let me tell you! He did not want to pull that tooth. He waited until it practically fell out. It was killin' me. When I had a loose tooth I would push and tug and wiggle and yank until I got it out. Not McKay. He is much more patient than I ever was.

Can you see the sweet tear on his cheek. That was the first of many that night.

Before. It was barely hanging by a thread.
As we were brushing teeth he said, (with a lot of coxing from us before) "ok I'm going to pull it out right after we say amen after family prayer." So we got pjs on, brushed teeth, read scriptures, knelt down for prayer and sure enough. Right after the amens he pushed on it and his tooth looked like this.

And this. You can hardly tell in this picture but he was hysterical. I could not calm him down. He kept repeating over and over while sobbing, "I just can't believe this. (pause) These are just happy tears mom."


So I took a rag and lifted the tooth right out of it's place. You can sort of see that his eyes are a little more red in this picture from all the "happy tears."

And then the next morning. His toothless grin!
We kept the tooth for a while because Noah was out of town and McKay wanted to show dad before he put it under his pillow. So we got some pictures.


2 comments:

Kassie said...

Oh man, I had to laugh because this was the EXACT reaction that Elyse had with her first tooth. I almost died laughing when it happened. Thankfully I got the last part of it on video. So exciting for Mckay! I'm glad you're updating more :) You're kids are gorgeous!

Linda said...

LOL!!! This is the cutest thing ever! Love the tears of joy! What a kid! I think you showed quite a bit of patience yourself. I would have had him in a vice grip at the first sign of "dangle"! Good work!