Well crazy. You should have seen Kristi today. Absolutely amazing. Kristi just gave birth to a 9 pound 6 ounce baby with no pain medication! Below is the result. Best quote of the day was during a strong contraction as I tried helplessly to make it feel better and Kristi says “holy cow this hurts so bad I could totally swear right now.”
This was INTENSE! We went in this morning to the doctor office and the midwife did an exam and said to take a walk around the block and get some food (we were asking what they could do to try to get the labor going). Some contractions came but not strong until Tamara (the midwife) broke Kristi’s water at then things lit on fire! Kristi’s contractions started going crazy and about 1 and 1/2 hours later, Jacobson was born (rest of name still being finalized)! His head came with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck tight and there were several seconds there that freaked us out because he wasn’t breathing. Holy crikie those few seconds can seem like a long time but they shot some oxygen in there and he belted out some good cry. That is a very brief overview but bottom line is that BABY JACOBSON WAS BORN TODAY and it was SO cool and I am married to the most courageous woman in the world. Here are some pics:
Just about to go. This face changed during labor. But only slightly.
The Dude is large
Look how crazy cute that mom is after a lot of pain
McKay’s priceless expression upon seeing his new little brother
Lyla looked a little concerned about her turf
Check out this head of dark hair!
The calm after the storm
43 comments:
Noah, thanks for posting this!!! Kristi, whoa. Nine pounds?!!! Twice what my girls weighed and they hurt like hell so I can't imagine what you went through ! For sure enough to be able to swear a little. Love his name. Love how pretty you are right after giving birth. (gag.) love you guys and can't wait to meet the big boy! Ps...charly is eight months and weighs twelve pounds. He's going to be big like his daddy!
OK, I'm basically crying with joy.
What a boy!
What a mom!
What a dad!
Love you all, not to mention the big brother and big sister.
Great photos!
GRANDFATHER
welp. that is a boy. i'll tell ya he is large and in charge. as cam would say...gynormous.
love to all
I would have sworn for sure! He is so beautiful and he definitely looks like his siblings. CONGRATS to all of you and we can't wait to meet him. LOVE YA!
woot woot! way to go Kristi! You are amazing! He is huge and sweet and isn't natural the best?? xoxo
Kristi, you're my hero! Seriously, amazing! Congrats to you guys on the new baby boy. And Noah - great job with the photos! They're all beautiful (with a beautiful mama & beautiful baby)!
Lots of love to you all.
Oh boy! Kristi, you are amazing. Those pictures are phenomenal, they totally capture the beauty, the miracle of birth and those first few hours. That makes me want to do that again! Way to make me cry.
I can't wait to meet the little guy. How lucky he is to come to you and kristi and mckay and Lyla.
love you all.
Congratulations Eyre Family! We are so happy for you!
Ohhhh, he is ADORABLE!!! No surprises though, his sis and bro are two of the cutest kiddos around! I still can't get over the sheer size of that little man and that Kristi pushed all that largeness out with no epidural! WOW! Love the pics of the calm after the storm, they are priceless portrayals of a mommy's love, and the sibling shots are precious. Can't wait to get my hands on that big guy, his cheeks look edible! Congrats you two...he is one lucky boy to have been born into your family. Love you all!
A very hearty congratulations!
Congratulations to the whole family!
Congrats!!!!
Good work Mama!
And 9 lbs! Wowzers!
Can't wait to meet the chunk!
xoxo
Good work NOAH for the speedy post! Kristi looks as BEAUTIFUL as always and Baby Jacobson is so CUTE! I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!! xoxo
Congrats you guys! What a champ Kristi!! He's so adorable! Love those chunkers :)
Right ON! This whole thing makes me really really happy. . .almost enough to have just ONE more, and of course name him "Johnson"!!
Love you guys!
XO Stin
Oh man I am SOOOO excited for you guys. I can almost feel that baby in my arms with how amazing those pictures are. Wow, Nobe, was that you as the photographer or did you hire some whizbang guy to come capture it all?
I'm so happy that little boy is here all safe and sound. Keep more pictures coming! Sure love you!
So happy for you 5!!! What a time to go all natural on a baby THAT SIZE!! Can't wait to come see you (maybe with Spence) here in a few weeks...put me to work!! Love you guys!!! He's precious!!
Oh, wow. This is amazing!! Baby Jacobsen is absolutely beautiful. And Kristi, you are so beautiful and brave. Congratulations Eyre family! Let me know when I can bring dinner. Yay!
Yay!!! Congratulations. (I guess now I'm next... I couldn't even imagine that kind of birth..) Wow, what a strong woman! So happy for you guys.
Wow Christy and Noah- CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a beautiful baby! I love the pictures. What great joy it is to have sweet little children!
I didn't know you had a blog! I heard Kristy had the baby! And no epidural! She is amazing. Love the pictures. So cute. Can't wait to meet the little guy!
YAY!!! Now we really will get to meet him before we leave. Nice work guys.
Kristi you are so amazing. Great job. Not an easy size to push out. :)
See you guys soon.
Love you guys!!
Congratulations. That is so awesome! Way to go Kristi and Noah.
He is beautiful!! Congrats, you guys! Kristi, you are a rockstar! Glad everything went well!
He is beautiful!! Congrats, you guys! Kristi, you are a rockstar! Glad everything went well!
GO KRISTI!!!! You guys rock...can't wait to see this new little guy in person.
Fun to hear from Noah how you screamed like Ashley to "PULL HIM OUT!" Those dang doctors and midwives never listen, do they?!
Love you guys!
Ben and Ash
Thanks for those pictures N and K. We can't wait to see little/big Jacobson in person!
Hooray!! we are *SO* happy for you! Congratulations! Kristi - you are *amazing*. xo Dan & Di
I'm totally crying. There are few people who can say to Kristi, "I know EXACTLY how you felt." I can honestly say that :)
Kristi you're amazing. Truly. And that little boy is SO unbelievably blessed to be born into such a phenomenal family.
Couldn't be happier.
WELCOME TO THE WORLD SWEET JACOBSON!
Welcome to the club. I thought I was brave when I delivered a 10 pounder but without medication? What? You truly deserve a couple medals. He is beautiful. Just like the others. Congrats!
What beautiful pictures! What a beautiful baby!
Way to go Kristi! Enjoy that newborn- Congrats you guys!
Congrats!!!! We are so happy for you!! Much love, Kimberly and Adam
I laughed so hard about the swearing! It makes you realize just HOW BAD that pain was to hear that coming from Kristi! It was the highlight of my year to be there with with you!
CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!! I love the name. And Kristi...i've always thought so, but you are amazing! Way to go on that delivery! Good thing you didn't swear though:) You crack me up! Hope everything is going well, and that you are surviving the sleeplessness! love you guys!
yay eyres! another beautiful baby. i'm so happy for you. congratulations + kristi you're my hero.
love, the skousens
Congrats! He is darling and Kristi looks great - way to go!
I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats!! Those pictures are wonderful!! I love the calm after the storm.... what a Mommy!! Kristi~ you amaze me! We love you guys so much and are so grateful your baby boy is here safe and sound!! Jacobson is a lucky boy to have you 2 as parents!! XOXOXO
Congrats Kristi & Noah! He's so beautiful!
You are amazing Kristi! The family is gorgeous, and thank you so much for sharing the blog with the FB world! I came across it, and I'm GLUED!!
Love you!
Juli (Butler) Dozier
Where's the beef? You just gave birth to him, Kristi! You are awesome...and I am TOTALLY bawling! Beautiful pics of all of you. Thanks for sharing them with us. What a great family! We love you all so much. Welcome to the world, Jacobson! You couldn't have asked for a better family to join.
Love,
Julie Barr and kids
yum! amazing pics! congrats, guys!
I am so happy I checked your blog today. Congrats Kristi on your newest. He is so serene looking. I hope he has your peaceful disposition, like it looks like he does.
Post a Comment