Everyday I would ask McKay what he wanted to be for Halloween this year and his answer was always, "Ima be a cat." So I thought I would suggest some other ideas to see what he would say and he would respond with, "No, Ima be a cat." I even tried to dress him up in a really cute costume with balloons and he fought it. So we got out my eye liner and black construction paper and vuala! We were a family of cats!
We took McKay trick-or-treating on a street here that really goes all out for Halloween. I wish we would have taken better pictures of the houses (and the crowd) but it was hard to capture it. They block off 2 blocks starting at 4pm and let the kids got door to door. We had to take these over and over because there were people walking in front of us the whole time. ps-McKay will not take off his new monkey leash. Tonight I had to take it off after he fell asleep. I sure hope that lasts when we're walking the streets!
On our way to 78th street we started trick-or-treating in the stores and this spider was in front of a restaurant. McKay was fascinated but wouldn't get close to it until I picked him up . This was after he warmed up a bit.



22 comments:
Lyla in a Pumpkin...SO CUTE! and Mckay makes a cute Cat too!! Looks like you had fun. Miss you guys...and HAPPY BDAY NOAH! =)
Lyla looks so cute!
Seriously, Lyla in a pumpkin is so cute! Also, Megan loves her monkey leash too. Those things rock. :) (This is Tiffany Baugh by the way) Anyway, I'm glad to see things are going great with you guys!
You guys are such cute cats. Little Lyla is so darn adorable. Miss you!
Yay! I've been checking for an update:) You guys are so cute, we miss you!! Call me when you get time...which I know is limited with 2 kiddos.
Very cute!
Oh my gosh, Lyla in a pumpkin! That is hilarious and so cute. I love it. Glad you guys had a great Halloween.
Kristi, you are my hero. Seriously, you are SO good at just pulling things together and making it work. Like who would ever think...oh, I just need some black construction paper and a little black eye liner for a cat costume?!
No, most Mom's would go to PB Kids and buy some 30 dollar costume that their kid doesn't even like and then force them to wear it for a picture so they can post it on their blog.
I think you make one sexy cat family...and by the way, you guys have the best picture ideas ever!
McKay: Naked with Noah's tie on
Lyla: Naked in a pumpkin
How cute are you guys! I love the family theme!!! We werent that festive....
Lyla in the pumpkin is so stinkin cute! I love it!
Hope to see you guys for the holidays! Love, Nat
IT is really cute that Lyla fit in the pumpkin! what an awesome picture!!!
i agree...CUTENESS. it makes me cringe to ever write that. noah is one sexy cat. the photo of mckay with the black background is artsy. how you do that?
Love the cat family. Miss you guys!
Sweet costumes! :) Hopefully we'll get a dose of the Eyre Family this weekend at conference...
i am so impressed with your halloween skills. Those costumes turne dout darling and I'm loving little lyla in the pumpkin
You guys are way too cute!! I love it!! Your kids are dolls and those pix of Lyla in the pumpkin are so adorable!!! What a GREAT idea!!!
You should enter the picture of Lyla in the pumpkin in a contest. It is soo adorable!
xo
Yall look so cute together as a bunch of cats! I wonder if Shadow insprired McKay! I love the one of Lyla in the pumpkin! You are becoming quite the photographer, I am so impressed! Love you and miss yall already!
The picture of Lyla in the pumpkin is really cute. How did you guys even think of that?
What no blue man group. We loved that last year!
I love cats! Mostly you guys in cat costumes! Noah was such a sport to draw whiskers on his face! He makes one lengthy cat! And Lyla couldn't be a cuter pumpkin! Love you guys!
Hey Kristi, thanks for your nice comment on our blog. I for sure am the one who needs to be more like you though! I often wonder what you'd do in a situation and then know the right thing to do.
Hey, are you guys going to be in town this weekend? Can Max, Lu and I come visit?? We're going to be in Boston and I thought I better bring Max to NYC for a day. I'll call you today to check on what you guys are up to.
Meow!
I usually hate cats but I guess I'll love you anyway. :)
Cute!
xoxo
Post a Comment