Of course he said, "No. You look great in those," but after seeing the video today he
said, "oh, is that what you were talking about!"
Thank goodness we live around the corner from my new favorite store the Goodwill. I have a feeling we'll be making some trips over there for some drop offs and maybe make a swap or two.
said, "oh, is that what you were talking about!"
Thank goodness we live around the corner from my new favorite store the Goodwill. I have a feeling we'll be making some trips over there for some drop offs and maybe make a swap or two.
So backing up a couple of weeks...When we got back from Az, we had the painters come paint the walls, and rented a Budget moving truck to gather our things from storage. What an wild week that was. The cliff note version is that some how Budget gave us a key that worked in the ignition but NOT in the doors. We were locked out, with the keys, for ONLY 6 hours talking to the Budget people who ended up doing nothing to fix their mistake. They came to the conclusion that we were lying to them and that we probably locked the keys in the truck. So $150 and 6 hours later we finally got a locksmith to scam us into paying him to spend 2 minutes opening the door.
Then, the painters some how forgot that we had just sanded and refinished the floor and didn't think they needed drop clothes and thought it would be o.k. to spear a little paint here and drip a lot there. So Noah's mom and I spend forever scrubbing the floor to got some off only to have them come back for some "touch ups" and do it AGAIN! I still can't believe this. AND they didn't think they needed to prime or sand the never been painted wood doors and trimming but couldn't understand why it took 3 hours to paint one door because the paint kept soaking in the wood. Anyway I better stop before I really get into it. I have to say though at first glance the apt looks great. they did an alright job if you don't look closely.
On a bright note, we had some fun that day waiting at Manhattan Mini storage. They were great and it is right next to Chelsea Piers. We went over there for a while and explored, ate lunch and decided we needed to come back to golf on the golfing range.
On a bright note, we had some fun that day waiting at Manhattan Mini storage. They were great and it is right next to Chelsea Piers. We went over there for a while and explored, ate lunch and decided we needed to come back to golf on the golfing range.
Once we got in we drove that beast around to Home Depot to grab some things while we had a car and we were lucky enough to run into some friends from the ward and they were so great to come right over with another couple to help us unload everything. I am SO thankful to them for doing that. Thanks guys!
Oh I can't forget one last thing. Renting a car wouldn't be complete for the NY Eyres without chalking up another parking ticket to our list. We found a perfect spot right in front of our building, checked all the signs for street cleaning, fire hydrants, you name it and just knew we were in the clear. Noah went to bring it back in the morning and the ticket said "no commercial vehicles" in this area after certain hours. How in the world were we supposed to know that. You've gotta love NYC parking enforcement! Along with Provo's! They must work together!
We were so lucky to have Grammie and Grandfather in town the next couple of days. They always seem to time their visits just right when we are either packing up or unpacking. Bless their hearts. They spend HOURS ans HOURS, AGAIN, cleaning, emptying boxes, putting up closet doors, watching McKay and finding places to put everything. It was SO good to have them here. We love Grammie and Grandfather.
We were so lucky to have Grammie and Grandfather in town the next couple of days. They always seem to time their visits just right when we are either packing up or unpacking. Bless their hearts. They spend HOURS ans HOURS, AGAIN, cleaning, emptying boxes, putting up closet doors, watching McKay and finding places to put everything. It was SO good to have them here. We love Grammie and Grandfather.
Last but not least, McKay is doing so well. We go putting all around the city together and he is so fun to put around with. On Wednesday we waited in line in Central Park for almost 3 hours to get Shakespeare in the Park tickets. He loved being able to run around and play with some of his little friends. Lately, he loves to play peek-a-boo. and he is awake so i've got to finish this one later... 
6 comments:
I am so excited to finally see your blog! I kept forgetting to ask you about it, so thanks for commenting on mine. I love the pics you have of McKay on the top and side-they are adorable. We need to get together now that we are neighbors...congrats on the big move.
I can't wait to see your place when you're all settled! And good luck ridding yourself of mom jeans! :)
Wow! You have been a busy girl! I bet you are glad it is almost over! I love all the pictures of Mckay! He always has this adorable little expression that I love! Let us know if you need anymore help on the apartment! Can't wait to see all your hard work!
Kristi. . .
What a small world it is! How fun to hear from you and may I begin with saying. . . CONGRATS! you won, I knew you would beat out than Shan Raz, haha! Anyhow, looks like life is treating you well and your little McKay (great name) is ADORABLE! It will be fun to check your blog now and then and keep in touch. How did you find my blog. . . crazy I tell ya!
Sara Bateman
the blog is sweetness. that kid is still the cutest guy i have ever seen. sorry about the moving van...and no it is not commercial. chaulk it up.
I guess we will see you at the reunion...in the boondocks of Altamont! So glad I found your cute blog. I will check in on it often!
Post a Comment