March 10, 2014

We are not alone

I forgot to mention something. And it's pretty amazing. One thing the doctor gave to us as he was sharing the news was a couple of websites to look into of others who have been through similar experiences with congenital heart defects-CHDs.  So I went home and you better believe I checked them out. It took a couple of days to get access but it was strengthening to read the stories of some of these families.  More about this later.

I also reached out to a dear friend who has been through much. Her perspective is inspiring. One of the things she shared with me was this- "God has the power and inclination to make incredibly difficult things, absolutely beautiful."

I believe that to be true. 

After we updated our families with the news my mother-in-law responded and attached this incredibly moving painting by Brian Kershisnik. 

It brought us to tears.

We so appreciate all the support we have felt so far from family, friends and even total strangers and find so much comfort knowing that we aren't going through this alone.

11 comments:

Kristie said...

Thinking of you and your family and wishing all the very best for your little girl.
That picture is just amazing...

6friarys said...

Sending many prayers your way.

charity eyre wright said...

love you, all seven, so so much!

Rachel said...

I am so sorry to read this news. We will keep you and your sweet baby in our prayers. My brother was born with a severe heart defect. He had to have a surgery at 9 months, and his first open heart surgery at 16 months. He has had several more surgeries and open heart surgeries. It hasn't been an easy road, but he is in his mid twenties now and overall healthy. My mom suggested that you have a blood drive with people that you know and trust to have a blood supply built up for the baby. You can do this through the red cross. Wish you the best and if you need anything or have any questions for me or my mom, you can email me at rcarter2004@gmail.com.

Noah said...

I love you Kristi.

NY Housin said...

Kristi,
The painting you shared is beautiful. I love you.
Rachel Blanchard

Kirkhams said...

Hang in there my sweet sis! Still lots of thoughts and prayers heading your way! Love you!!

Linda said...

We know the angels are there...both seen and unseen! How Heavenly Father must love you!

TnD said...

Kristi and Noah, I wish you courage and the knowledge of God's power and the combined power of your friends and family during the birth of your daughter and after. We will be praying for you and know that your sweet girl could not be more supported by great parents and family.

Sarah said...

I love that painting so much I bought a print-- there are angels all around us for sure. We are all praying for your angel baby's heart and hope that you feel buoyed up by the prayers going to heaven on your behalf. You are amazing, faithful, wonderful parents and I know this little girl will be a blessing to you! XOXO

likeschocolate said...

What a beautiful painting!