December 4, 2011

Baby Bennett is here

Ok so here we are just before heading into the hospital. That belly was projectile.

Kristi had had several labor pains about a week before and had been dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced for a couple weeks - so based on the previous births we kept thinking she was going into labor but that kept not being the case! The little dude liked it in there. And the little dude was getting big... Cubby was 9lb 6oz and was born about 2 weeks early so when it got within a week and a half of the due date we decided to go in and have the dr. break the water. Here is the sweetness getting ready.

The Dr. checked and Kristi was 3-4 cm dilated and 85% effaced and some light contractions were happening so we went for it and she broke the water. After walking around for 30-45 min those contractions started coming strong and true with some nice solid pain. After a totally amazing natural birth with Cubby, Kristi opted for the epidural for this second 9 plus pounder! An extremely wise decision in my opinion! The timing was perfect and the contractions kept on strong without any pain. Wahoo! We even took a nap. It was so nice to just hang out and anticipate the arrival together. Just the two of us with nothing to worry about except what this baby will look like and what his name will be (thanks Susan! My mother in law was with the rest of the kids bless her heart). After a couple hours the doc checked progress and she was a at a 7! It seemed unreal that pretty soon that baby would be out and in our arms. Another 20 minutes and that baby's head was ready to come out!

Before we knew it with a simple push the head was out, charging into the world with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck once and one arm raised up just like Superman flies. It looked like this.


Add an arm to the head of a 9lb 8oz baby and getting him out was quite a feat! I am telling you - I am married to the most amazing woman alive!! That baby came out as purple as you can imagine. His shaky cry was slow to come but I don't think there is a sweeter sound in the world once it did finally come. The emotion of the moment was overwhelming. A beautiful baby boy, entering the world at that peak moment, almost in slow motion, a moment filled with spiritual depth, physical exhaustion, joy, unity, purpose, and wonder all together. I can hear that emotion come through in my own shaky voice as I try to speak to him. Wonderstruck.

9lb 8oz! This is one blocky kid.







Kristi's mom is here to save the day. Actually days. I don't know what we would do without her she has been a HUGE help. She was with our other kids and the morning after the birth, I went to pick up the kids and Grandma to bring them in to meet Bennett. We pulled McKay out of school and headed over and they were crazy excited. The look of wonder on their faces was priceless. They wildly excited about their little bro and Cubby has only whacked Bennett a good one on the head once so far.








Definitely out numbered at this point.


Bennett Richard is his name

19 comments:

Eli said...

Congrats! Maybe you should have included Purple in his name - like Benett Purple Richard Eyre. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Yea! You're right...that kid is a block! Way to go kristi!!! I love his name and love the pictures and love that this post gave me something to read while nursing em in the middle of the night. ;) love you guys!

Allie said...

Yay!!!! I've been checking for this post daily! Oh, he is so so so cute! I am still in complete awe that tiny Kristi can have such big babies! I keep scrolling back up to the pics of how adorable he is! I really want to hold that guy! I bet Kris is so glad she went for the epidural for a haas of a baby like Bennett! Great name guys! We CANNOT wait to meet our new nephew in person! He looks so snuggly. Love the pics of the kids meeting him for the first time, priceless. What a big, beautiful family you guys are! We love you!

Sarah said...

oh my goodness!! he is just gorgeous! and kristi, if i had 9+pounders, i'd do the epidural too! you look fantastic, just like a big basketball was under your shirt. :) CONGRATS to you and your beautiful family!!!! Definitely outnumbered. :)

Linda said...

Oh my heck! That baby IS superman! Do you think he might be a prize fighter? LOVE this post and all the gory details! Congrats on another gorgeous child. Hugs to you all, especially Susan! We can't wait to get our hands on him next week. Happy Birthday to McKay!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family!

Tony Carver said...

Holy crap you guys have a cute family! Congrats on the handsome addition! Miss you guys!

Taunie Reynolds said...

Congrats you two!! What a beautiful family. Way to go Kristi!!

Suzanne said...

Kristi and Noah-you have FOUR kids...that's just crazy! We miss you so much here in NYC and think of you often. Congrats on Bennett's safe arrival and what four lucky little kids to have such amazing parents. All the best!

Jen & Johnny said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys!! He is absolutely beautiful!! XOXOXO

Jennefer said...

Congratulations!!! Such a darling family. We miss you guys!

Sees-the-day said...

YAYYYYYYYYYY So happy for you. This is one great looking family. So happy that ALL went so great. You guys are amazing Sure LOVE YOU ALL.

The Baum Squad said...

Oh! Congrats! I have been wondering about you guys. I'm so happy everything went well. He looks precious. Can't believe you did the 10 pound baby thing! Again! You get a medal in my book!

It was so good to see you guys....I'm still shaking my head about meeting up with Kristi Monson again. Let's do it again, ok? ;)

Joan said...

Does that boy have an Eyre mouth on him or what!?! Gorgeous lips to boot :)
I'm proud of you, Kristi! Well done, Mama. I am in AWE of your FOUR babies! AWE for AWESOME!

Brandon Koplin said...

Congratulations!!! That baby has your mouth Noah. I know that is a weird comment, but I just felt like I should say that. Love you guys.

Brandon Koplin said...

congratulations!!! You guys are awesome. I can't wait to see the little critter in person. Give him a squeeze from me. Jaminy Christmas that kid has Noahs mouth!

Shawni said...

oh my word he is SOOO cute. That second picture is like my favorite picture in the world (where he's bawling with a purple face). Oh how I wish I could hold him. ALl the pictures are amazing! Who is your photographer?? Sure love you guys and can't wait to meet him! Keep the pictures coming!

Ben and Ashley said...

Baby Benny! Can't wait to see you in person!

Unknown said...

This is Saren and Eliza. Eliza wants to say that Bennett is really really cute and that it looks like he has some really great big brothers and a great sister (not to mention fabulous parents). Can't wait to meet that little guy! Kristi, I hope you can come to the Power of Moms Retreat for many reasons - not the least of which is that I want to hang out with Bennett.